Please remember, sports will always require a certain level of risk tolerance. Kids will experience pain, frustrations, failure, and even an occasional cold. You must make the decision on how much exposure your child can handle. Almost every sport, gymnastics included, implies proximity to other people and contact with teammates and coaches.
However, below is what we are doing in our business to be responsible.
- Providing ample hand sanitizer throughout the gym
- Requesting one parent at most remain in the gym during practice, if you can wait outside please do that
- Opening garage doors on nice days so parents can sit and watch from outside
- Having students wash their hands immediately after practice
- Moving foot traffic into one direction: enter on the west side of the building, exit through the center door
- Coaches will continue cleaning the gym regularly with anti-bacteria solutions